Washington State Wine initiates #StateNight - a chance for the community to support their favorite eatery during Washington Wine Month, while drinking local wine.
State Night is a statewide date night, encouraging all Washingtonians to sip and support their local wineries and restaurants. While it celebrates the end of Washington Wine Month, it also doubles down on the spirit of the #DrinkForWA campaign by bringing together the #WAwine and #WAdine communities. The goal is to encourage consumers from across the state to place an order of takeout, or dine locally, and pair their #WAdine with #WAwine.
Since we still all can't go out together, Washington wine is proposing that we "go in" together and support WA state wineries and eateries.
"People are looking to do something meaningful. They're looking to be in community with each other. And they're looking to support the places they love most, " says Steve Warner, President of the Washington Wine Commission. "In short, #StateNight serves up a powerful reminder: step up to the plate and support whatever local means to you. There is no better time to remind and rally all Washingtonians to support local."
How to participate:
- Order takeout or dine-in at a local restaurant on August 28-30
- Pair your takeout or dining experience with a bottle of Washington Wine
- Post to social or add your #StateNight experience to your stories
- Don't forget to use hashtags #DrinkForWA, #EatForWA, and #StateNight. Also be sure to tag the restaurant, winery, and @Wa_State_wine
- Keep an eye out for competitions, news, and more fun content on Washington State Wine's social media channels.
Join in with customizable graphics:
Follow Washington Wine on Social...